Tumblr is among those social media platforms that everyone has actually heard of, but few understand anything about.
While many might not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You must check out the platform if you have not heard of it previously.
Regarding individual branding, Tumblr uses some special advantages to blog writers and companies alike.
For example, the platform can assist display their creativity or build an audience through quality material and personalization choices.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and have a look at the top functions and advantages of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to producing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing photos, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Reactions” feature, which permits users to express their sensations about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are highly personalized. Brand names can customize their style, design, colors, typefaces, and more. Users can likewise follow each other’s updates and produce custom-made RSS feeds based on their interests.
Creating an account on Tumblr is free and easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the alternative to follow you. There are no private profile options like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually ended up being more popular with its free mobile app, rich API, custom-made style tools, and dynamic community.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that allowed users to share images, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service got appeal after being acquired by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform prior to being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred once again to Automattic, a moms and dad company of WordPress that maintains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 workers at Tumblr.
- Out of their workers, 57% are ladies.
- A lot of employees who operate at Tumblr stick with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Numerous celebs and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform does not use the exact same blue check validated sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly income for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and thousands of commissioned art work.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Even though they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the 3rd most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the web altogether.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr originates from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they provide a guide on how to start posting.
- The trending subjects on Tumblr vary, similar to any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, many people talk about video games, consoles, and devices. They also go over computer systems, electronics, news, and subjects relating to universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s top competitors consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are many ad opportunities on Tumblr, consisting of native ad experiences and custom-made opportunities.
- Tumblr is a privately owned company.
- In a recent study, 70% of users mentioned that they were satisfied by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client satisfaction rating.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million visits in Might.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views mentioning, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the capability to post day-to-day blog sites, Tumblr likewise uses a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things happen in real-time.
- The majority of people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% use the platform on the internet.
- In a current study, when socials media were ranked by brand awareness in the U.S., 58% of people recognized the platform.
- The top amount of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users online at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing relocation.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Edge mentions that “The things that take place on Tumblr are absolutely unique to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% determine as female, and 58.59% determine as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost content.
- You can produce customized HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is likewise a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, enabling users to edit or delete numerous posts concurrently.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr likewise has keyboard faster way alternatives which make it easier to produce posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s top rivals include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts developed every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- On average, users go to 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anyone can create engaging and unique material.
As you can see, it is also highly personalized, enabling users and brands to create their perfect profiles. It’s likewise a fantastic space to discover and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are almost limitless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth checking out to see if it’s ideal for your brand.
If you’re wanting to integrate more blogging options and are thinking about incorporating Tumblr, take a look at this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel